Sixteen stars have been lined-up to show their mettle at the inaugural Goldmoney Asian Rapid chess championships which starts on June 26 and runs over nine days.
Among the participants is World Champion and current Tour leader Magnus Carlsen and a glittering array of top Asian talent.
The event will feature a $100,000 prize pot and is leg seven of the prestigious Meltwater Champions Chess Tour.
India will be represented by four Grandmasters including the young hotshot Gukesh D, who qualified after winning the recent Gelfand Challenge tournament.
China’s Hou Yifan, the world’s No.1 female player, will become the first woman to compete in the tour. And Saleh Salem will become the first player from the UAE.
The full line-up:
- Magnus Carlsen – #1 Tour Standings
- Wesley So – #2 Tour Standings
- Anish Giri – #4 Tour Standings
- Levon Aronian – #7 Tour Standings
- Alireza Firouzja – Wildcard / #12 Tour Standings
- Vidit Gujrathi – Wildcard
- Ding Liren – Wildcard
- Jan-Krzysztof Duda – Wildcard
- Vladimir Artemiev – New Invite / Wildcard
- Saleh Salem – New Invite / Wildcard
- Hou Yifan – New Invite / Wildcard
- Arjun Erigaisi – Indian Qualifier
- Adhiban Baskaran – Indian Qualifier
- Gukesh D – Gelfand Challenge
- Daniil Dubov – Premium Vote
- Peter Svidler – Premium Vote